Saturday, December 31, 2005

I think i can, i think i can, i think i can. . . get a snack

If you haven't read my blog entitled " We didn't start the fire" i would suggest that you stop now and go do that. Don't worry, This will be here when you get back.

So not far from where Colonel Cluckers stands prodly everyday there is a Train track and a little further down is a train station. No doubt this is the only reason the city of Canton exists.

The tracks cross over Waleska street between my office and my apartment so every once in a while i get stuck havinbg to wait for the train. This makes a 2 minute trip into a 4 minute trip. Sad, I know. It's actually nice. Reminds me to slow down.

One day i was on my way to the office when i got to the train tracks. I probably could have made it before the gates got down but i decided to take it easy and stop for the train. Well, i see the train coming. And it begins to slow down toalmost stopping and i think, "well, I'm not the only one who's not in a hurry." then the train stops. It hasn;t even made it to the crossing yet. And then the train reverses. This is actually common for trains to have to stop and reverse and then go ahead again. I've seen it many times in many places. so i am assuming that he will proced forward. well, the train just stops, no motion for at least 5 full minutes. 5 minutes seems like a long time when your not doing anything. So here i am, waiting for a train thats still 20 yards away from the road and not moving at all, but the gates are down so theres nothing i can do. Then i see the conductor hop out of the train, walk around it, and proceed to go to the quickie mart that he is now parked next to. The gates are still down. 15 minutes go by and finally the conductor returns to the train and proceeds to cross over the street and and finally leave. it took me more than 20 minutes to got to the office that day. the office that is only about 1.1 miles from my apartment.

I say we make all trains automated so that we don't have to wait for some dude to get his RC Cola and a Moonpie on.

-greg-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home